Each week you see in the Sunday bulletin and weekly E-Vision the phrase “A Stephen Ministry Congregation.” Many of you may be unfamiliar that our congregation has trained 18 Stephen Ministers who provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is …
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there is a need
Stephen Ministry is YOUR Ministry
Each member of this congregation plays an important role in Stephen Ministry. Here is what you can do:
- PRAY for god to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- ACCEPT care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn’t expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- TELL A FRIEND, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
Please contact any of our Stephen Leaders for more information about Stephen Ministry: Rev Brian McCartney at 770.227.5517, ext. 24; Mrs. Angela Rooks; or Mrs. Kathy Wooddall.